Display your business-critical information with confidence. Vicmap™ API – authoritative, current and clear.
How is OpenLayers used in the API?
The following components of Vicmap API constitute its core capabilities:
- OpenLayers.Vicmap.Map - This is a container which stores information such as the default projection (EPSG:3111), extents, resolutions, units, tile size and so on of the map. The map provides some default controls such as panning and zooming via the control buttons, and mouse control for panning and zooming.
- OpenLayers.Vicmap.BaseLayer - This is the class responsible for loading all 3 types of maps.
- OpenLayers.Vicmap.MultiToolbar - This is a convenience class for adding a toolbar with 4 controls: Zoombox, Panning, Measure Area and Measure Distance.
- OpenLayers.Vicmap.Marker - This is a convenience class that allows the user to create an overlay by selecting points on an existing base layer. The user can also specify their own image for the selected point from a range of image formats such as JPEG and PNG.
- OpenLayers.Vicmap.MapTypeId - This is a constant class containing the id of the different types of maps available through Vicmap API. There are 3 types of maps available, such as Map, Imagery and Hybrid.
- OpenLayers.Vicmap.Popup - This is a convenience class to provide an easy to use popup. The popup requires an id, lon, lat, content in html, and a callback method.
- OpenLayers.Vicmap.Util - This is a utility class providing convenience methods such as
getAddressDetailsprovides geocoding and address validation functionality via a back-end web service call.
transformLonLatconverts a point in the given source projection to the VicGrid 94 (EPSG:3111) projection.
vicGridtoLonLatenables the user to convert from WGS84 Geographic LonLat (EPSG:4326) projection to VicGrid94 (EPSG:3111) projection and vice versa.